Wednesday, July 23, 2008

PSA

I know you were all dying for and update on EK, however, I have a public service announcement to make first: Never, I repeat, NEVER buy a Dell laptop!! We have only had our "hunk of junk" (as I like to call it) for a little over a year and a half and we have had SO many problems with it. I should have known we were in for trouble when after having owned it for less than 6 months the motherboard somehow mysteriously "crashed". Luckily it was under warranty, and although it took them forever, Dell "fixed" the problem...or so we thought. Currently the wireless Internet isn't working, the battery (that it came with) "cannot be detected", it takes like 5 minutes for what you typed to show up on the screen, and it turns itself off after about 2 minutes and has to reboot to come back on! And unfortunately the warranty has expired and now Dell won't even talk to you about the problem without charging you $69.95.

OK, rant over...lesson learned!

(maybe when I have more patience I will update with 7 month pictures) :)

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Jeremy has a dell and he has the same problems with rebooting. Such a pain! Hey I noticed you like Karen Kingsbury. I have read all of her books and am hooked on the Baxter family!!

Ashley said...

Man, I have been there before too. Nothing, NOTHING is more aggravating that computer problems.

Kyle and Hollie said...

YUCK! I think being patient is over-rated when it comes to computers! Throw it out the window and try again!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now is the time where I try to pull you away from the dark side and into the light, the world of Mac. Seriously, once you leave the PC world and go apple, you will never go back :)
Summer

Amy said...

I feel your pain! I had very similar problems with my first Dell laptop, and after replacing the motherboard 3 TIMES they finally gave me a new laptop. It was such a pain! I'm on my second (technically third) and have had no problems with this one. I'm not sure if I'd go with Dell again. I've always been loyal to PC but Mac is so stinkin cool and amazing that I might have to try it!

Mallory & Kelby said...

Hey Kristin- I am one of Melody McKee's firends. Our Dell does the same thing!! My husband and I were laughing as we read your post.Emma Kate is adorable!