Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankfulness

Here are just a few things that I'm especially thankful for this Thanksgiving Day:


My Salvation - God's grace is so amazing and we are so undeserving of it. I'm thankful for the righteousness that was imputed upon us through the cross and Christ's willingness to satisfy God's wrath on our behalf. 

Brice - I'm so thankful for a Godly husband who would do anything for his family. Brice is such a wonderful father to Emma Kate, husband to me, and leader of our family. 

Emma Kate - Being Emma Kate's mom has been the best "job" I've ever had. Although there are hard days, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Emma Kate is such a fun, sweet baby....almost big girl. This year I'm so thankful that I get to hold the title Mommy!

My Family - I know everyone thinks there own family is the best, and I'm no different. Last night I was like a small child on Christmas Eve. I couldn't sleep at all because I was so giddy with excitement about spending today with all my family! Both of my sisters are in town and all three sets of grandparents will be there with us. Also, I have the greatest in-laws...they would do anything for us! I am so thankful for the family that God blessed me with.

Our Church - I'm so thankful for the passion that the leaders of our church have for following Christ. The gospel is preached each and every week. One of our church's family traits is simplicity - it's not about big fancy buildings or flashy ministries, it's about sharing the gospel with the lost...I love that! 

There are so many other things that I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving Day, but these are just a few that have been on my heart that I thought I would put down in writing. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

2 comments:

CONNIE said...

I am thankful for you! I am so glad that I still get to be part of your life and see all the great things that God has done for you!
Have a wonderful day! I love you girl!

Ashley said...

Great list and a great post. Hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving

hey, my word verification was spermi