Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Passat v. Pathfinder

Why is it that once you pay something off you immediately start wanting something new? Brice will die when he sees this post, but I have been thinking a lot about new cars lately. No, I probably won't be getting a new car anytime soon, but it's fun to think about anyway! So here's the question...cute, sporty Volkswagon Passat or practical, roomy, but still cute Nissan Pathfinder? I have driven an SUV for several years so I'm not sure how hard it would be to adjut to a small car, but I just love the new Passats! They get way better gas mileage than SUV's and it would work fine when we have a baby, but once we have more than one (which hopefully won't take too long!) we would probably have to upgrade. And the new Pathfinders are great too, they now come with a third row which would be nice for trips and stuff. I know this isn't deep or profound thinking...just a fun thought for the day, so which one would you choose??

7 comments:

April Carrasco said...

A Passat! I just got $74 worth of gas and that is no fun. A Passat could even work with two kids. They are so cool. I'm glad you found something to do with your hours at home today :).

Ashley said...

I am with April. One of you needs an SUV and the other needs a car. If you had a need for more space one day, you could take Brice's. In the mean time you could save money on gas!

Ashley said...

Brice is so not cool

Amy said...

I love my SUV--I admit it! When I drive a car now I feel like I'm driving a big wheel. HOWEVER, if we already had one SUV to fit baby stuff on trips, I would have gotten a car instead.

Shanta said...

First of all, it's about stinking time. Welcome!

Second- No question, the Pathfinder, of course. I have a few friends with Passats, and they seem incredibly inconvenient to repair. The PF is a much hotter car in my opinion.

Alyssa said...

I would DIE without my SUV... but just put 64.00 dollars of gas in for the second time this week (don't you wish you lived in Dallas??!??!!) if you have a big car, then i would probably go with a little car. Good luck trying to talk Bryce into a new car :)

Kristin said...

Thanks for everyone's advice, but Brice has assured me that it will be a really long time before we get a new car! I guess it was fun while it lasted! :)