Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I survived!

By the grace of God I survived my first week and 2 days of school! :) The first couple of days were pretty rough, but it is getting easier and easier everyday. I got a new student the first day of school, so I now have 21 five year olds!! They are all so much fun, and I have had a blast getting to know their personalities. (I can already tell that I will have plenty of funny stories to tell!) I feel like I have such a huge responsibility caring for them all and I pray daily for patience and wisdom. They are like little sponges at this age and I just hope that I can be a positive influence on thier lives. I can see that God has a plan in all things and that His hand was definitely on my life when I was moved to Kindergarten. Thanks for all the prayers and letters of encouragement my first week of school!!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

I know you are such a blessing to those kids. Hang in there. The first year is hard. I am so impressed with the way you are keeping it all together.

We all love you so much!

You know those kids think you are the best!

melissa deaver said...

Those kiddos are super lucky to have such a great Christian teacher! :)

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Yay! I'm glad your week was good! I know each child in your class will be blessed by you!!!

Amy said...

I hope Charlie has a teacher who's exactly like you when he starts kindergarten!

Anonymous said...

KRISTIN FOSTER! I can't believe it!! Hi long lost friend!! I saw your comment on Kari's blog and I was so excited to read YOUR blog! I'm so glad things are going so well for you and Brice still. I have thought about y'all several times. I think its been over a year and a half since we last talked! Please email me if you have some time, I would love to catch up a little! I don't have your email address anymore, mine is bhowe@masters.edu. Tell Brice I said hi! So good to see your beautiful face again Kristin!
Bethany

April Carrasco said...

I will continue to pray for you that it only gets easier. Sorry you aren't feeling well. You need to try that airborne stuff :)!! I hear from the commercials it is great for teachers!

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to update their blog! I'll update my nonexistent one if you update yours!

April Carrasco said...

OK, it is no longer summer and you are not soaking up any rays so write a new post already :)!!!

Ashley said...

Are you kidding me....update