Thursday, November 02, 2006

Praise You In This Storm

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
And stepped in and saved the day
Once again, I say Amen, and it is still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain
I'm with you
As your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I'll Praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
You are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will Praise You in this storm
I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find you
I lift my eyes into the hills
Where does my help come from
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth
Casting Crowns

12 comments:

April Carrasco said...

You are amazing! My prayer is that you find strength in Him because I know as a human I can't give you the strength you need. What a wondeful song!

melissa deaver said...

I recently fell in love with Casting Crowns because of their song "Who Am I." Thanks for sharing another great one.

Kelli Marchbanks said...

You are both in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if you need absolutely anything.

Amy said...

We're constantly thinking of you, loving you, & praying for you.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

April is right...you are amazing! It is SO HARD to praise Him in our Storm's. I'm thinking of you and praying for you. We love you and Brice dearly.

Anonymous said...

Oh, friend! We love you so much. We are praying for the peace and strength you need.

Alyssa said...

You guys are in our thoughts and our prayers. My heart goes out to you...

A song that brought me much comfort was "Blessed be the Name" I am so glad that the Lord is speaking to you through song as well. We love you!!!

Ashley said...

Why did blogger post me as anonymous earlier? Anyway I love you anonymously and with my name attached...

Anonymous said...

That song helped me too. Another one is Jeremy Camp - I Still Believe.

Scattered words and empty thoughts
Seem to pour from my heart
I've never felt so torn before
Seems i dont know where to start
But its now i feel your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip washing away my pain

I still believe in your faithfulness
I still believe in your truth
I still believe in your holy word
Even when I dont see I still believe

Though the questions still fog up my mind
With promises i still seem to bear
Even when answers slowly unwind
It's my heart I see you prepare
But its now that I feel your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip washing away my pain

The only place I can go is into your arms
Where I throw to you my feeble prayers in brokeness
I can see that this is your will for me
Help me to know you are near

I love you, Kristin! We'll get through this someday.

Anonymous said...

We love you. Prayers are being lifted up...

Anonymous said...

That song has special meaning for me as well. You are in my prayers and He is the only one who can give you all the strength you need! (by the way, I'm Allyson's mom)

Kristin said...

Thank you all so much for all your thoughts, prayers, phone calls, cards and for basically just being there for us when we needed you the most. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends.