Wednesday, June 04, 2008

6 months...WOW!

I just can't believe that my baby girl is already 6 months old. For some reason 6 months just seems really old to me and not so much a baby anymore! The past few weeks have been so much fun. Emma Kate's personality is coming out more and more everyday and it seems like she learns something new everyday as well. We are just having so much fun!

Here's what she's up to:

-She's rolling over like crazy now. The only problem is that she hasn't quite figured out how to get from her tummy to her back and she's still not too fond of being on a her tummy! She grunts and grunts trying to get back over but she has yet to make it. The last couple of nights she has actually slept on her tummy. It's like she just gives up and says fine, I'll just sleep this way!

-Any and everything she can get her hands on go straight for her mouth! I keep thinking she must be teething because she's drooling like crazy too, but we still haven't seen anything poking through.

-She has also found her feet! As soon as you lay her down on her blanket to play to automatically grabs her feet. My sister said that last week when she was giving her a bottle she held her feet the entire time she was eating...too funny!

-She is sitting up on her own now for a few minutes at a time. She does especially well if she's got a toy to play with.

-Here favorite toy right now is a little plastic guitar she got for Christmas. She got a few toys at Christmas that she wasn't quite big enough for so we just got them down from the closet and she loves them! It's so crazy that she's big enough to play with them. I remember thinking at Christmas time that she would never be big enough for them!

-She loves to read books...especially when her daddy reads to her. He's always making crazy voices. :)

-She's still eating oatmeal or rice cereal at night and today for lunch she tried sweet potatoes for the first time! She didn't know what to think about them at first but then she was opening big for another bite.

-We started Mommy and Me swim lessons on Monday and she does great in the water!! This makes me so happy, considering going to the pool is my favorite thing to do in the summer, I didn't know what I was going to do if she didn't like the water! She reaches out for toys in the water, she will lay on her back, and she even splashes the water when she's on her tummy. Basically the only time she gets upset is when I take the toy out of her mouth! Also, she went under today for the first time. I was really worried that she would get a mouth full of water and start choking, but she did great!

Happy Half Birthday sweet baby girl! We can't imagine our lives without you in it, and we are so grateful for the JOY you have brought us...WE LOVE YOU!!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Emma Kate is such a big girl! I need to see her again very soon!

6 months is such a sweet time and so are Mommy and Me swim lessons. You need to post pictures of that!

I am glad to know i am not the only one watching Bachelor reruns on VH1! :)

cls said...

CUTE BLOG DESIGN!

The Stanford Family said...

Love the design!!!!

Ashley said...

I love the new blog design! Congrats on the big win!

April Carrasco said...

I love it! I can't wait to see mine :)!!

Jennifer-Colley said...

I love the new layout! I am jealous! hope you are having a good summer!

lubke-moss said...

All the firsts! I'm sure you are loving every minute of it. :)

BTW: The new blog design does indeed look fabulous! :)