Thursday, June 19, 2008

I <3 Summer!

Summer has always been my favorite time of year, and this summer is proving to be no different! We have had such a great summer so far. Our days have been filled with swimming lessons, Vacation Bible School, walks in the park, cooking, cleaning (which I actually really enjoy!) and just hanging out. And this past wekeend Emma Kate got to stay the night with her LaLa and Pop for 2 nights while Brice and I enjoyed a fun river trip. It was so hard leaving her, but it definitely made coming home really exciting. :)

Emma Kate hasn't been herself this week, so I took her to the doctor yesterday and unfortunately she has her first ear infection. We have been so fortunate that she hasn't ever really been sick up this this point. It is so hard not being able to comfort her when I know she's in pain, but hopefuly we're on the road to recovery now that we have some antibiotics. We're praying that her ear would heal quickly and that she's back to her happy self soon!

In other news I found out last week that I will be teaching the 4 year olds class at Sugar and Spice Preschool in the fall. I'm so excited about the opportunity...it's only 2 days a week plus I will get to work just down the hall from Emma Kate's class!

And of couse here are a few pictures of our fun in the sun!
On her last day of school with Ms. Jane

Sitting up like a big girl!

Getting ready to go the pool for the first time!

This picture cracks me up...it's like she's saying what in the world is going on!!

Lounging by the pool

LaLa and Pop always make me look so silly!

Reading with Grandma

Emma Kate loves this book, it's one of those touch and feel books. If you look closely you can see that she's on the page with a kitten, it's hilarious anytime Brice reads this book to her when he gets to this page he will go on and on about how gross cats are and how she needs to stay away from them!

All ready to go to swimming lessons!

Hanging out with her friend Hudson

Reaching for a toy!!

With Daddy on the last day of swimming lessons

Brice and I at the Gristmill...oh that place is so yummy!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I am glad you guys are having such a fun summer! I love all of the pictures.

Carley got her first ear infection a few days after she had swim lessons as well for the first time at the exact same age. It is so sad when they hurt. Poor little EK.

Ashley said...

You look great! And Emma Kate is so big and SO adorable. And I guess Brice looks good, too.

Miss you! :)

melissa deaver said...

That looks like so much fun. Where did you get that super cute green chair that you have in Emma's nursery?

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Her little rosey cheeks are adorable! I'm so glad you are having a great summer!!!

Kelli Marchbanks said...

What a cutie! Enjoy her!