Friday, December 04, 2009

2



Two years ago today was one of the most exciting days of my life. I had waited for what seemed like an eternity to hold our precious baby and the day couldn't have been more perfect. I had no idea how much joy a baby could bring to our family, and I'm so grateful for the way God chose to bless us. The past two years hold so many, many precious memories of watching Emma Kate grow and develop, and I look forward to watching her continue to change. So today instead of being sad that my "baby" isn't really a baby anymore, I'm going to rejoice with eager anticipation of what the Lord is going to do with her precious life!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY Emma Kate, Mommy and Daddy love you SO MUCH!

And just to document a little, here's what EK is up to at 2 Years:

-she's a chatter box, and recently loves to talk on the phone
-is still a really good eater, right now she loves chicken nuggets (she can eat a 6 piece kid's meal at Chic-Fil-A!), broccoli, yogurt, waffles (until recently since there's been a shortage at the grocery store), cereal with milk, and of course any kind of candy!
-her favorite tv show is Little Einsteins, she watches it every morning while eating breakfast (although Disney Fairies is quickly rising in rank with her!)
-she can put on her own shoes
-it's been a long process, but she's doing really well with potty training - hopefully we will be completely finished in the next month or so!
-she loves her brother so much, anytime he's fussing or crying she will say, "It's alright buddy, you're ok Eason boy!"
-she knows Brice and I's names, for some reason it really cracks me up to hear her call me Kristin!

Coloring with Daddy on her new table this morning!

My BIG girl!

3 comments:

Shaunna said...

She looks so big standing next to the Christmas tree!!

Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up...Makes me tear up!

Happy 2nd Birthday Emma Kate!!

Janet said...

What special days for both of your kids! They are growing so fast. Congratulations on the birthdays and half birthdays! Your children are beautiful and you are very blessed!

Shanta said...

I just love your little ones. They are so adorable! What fun milestones!