Friday, December 04, 2009

Half Birthday!



I love that Easton and Emma Kate are able to share their major milestones on the same day of each month. As we have been celebrating Emma Kate's special day today I have to stop and think what a special day this is for Easton as well! I just can't believe he's already six month old. The last six months have flown by, and yet at the same time it feels as if Easton has been a part of our family forever. I really can't imagine our lives without him in it, and although there have been many difficult days I feel so blessed that God chose me to be his mommy. I trust that God has been growing us in our faith through those difficult times and that we love Jesus more because Easton is a part of our family!

Happy HALF Birthday Easton Brice!

Here's what Easton is up to at 6 months:
-has the sweetest, most precious smile in the whole world...I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing that toothless grin!
-rolling all over the place now
-loves to kick his feet, we seriously can't keep socks on the boy!
-his favorite toy is "Sophie"
-eats every 3 hours during the day
-we are planning on starting solids next week (we tried cereal a few weeks ago, but he really didn't like it, so we decided to put it off for a few more weeks!)
-weighed 17 lbs. 9 oz. at the dr. a couple of weeks ago
-loves to bounce in his jumper
-thinks his sister is pretty funny (as long as she's not tackling him! :))
-will smile and coo at just about anyone!
-and finally, I'm SOOOO HAPPY to report that his sleeping is MUCH better. Thanks to lots of encouragement from Denae, I decided to finally take away the swaddle and just let him cry it out. Monday was extremely hard - he cried for about an hour and a half in the morning and about 2 hours straight that afternoon, but has slept most of the night since. He has been going to bed about 7:30 and then I get up to feed him around 4:30 or 5 and then he goes right back to sleep until 7:30 or 8. I know this isn't technically all through the night, but it's SO much better than getting up every single hour, now if he wakes up in the middle of the night he cries for a few minutes and just puts himself right back to sleep! (let's hope I didn't just jinx myself! :))


**be sure to check out the post below on my big 2 year old!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Precious!! Happy bday to EK and to Easton! :) I know what a blessing these precious gifts are to you and Brice.

Cami said...

Your babies are just too stinkin adorable!!!