Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"It's like waiting for the Prom or something..."


This is what Brice told me a couple of hours before we went to see Superman Returns last night! He was absolutely hilarious about it all. First of all, Superman didn't actually open until today, but Tinseltown, being the nice theater they are, decided to have an early previewing of it at 10:05 last night. Therefore, we have had our tickets for well over a week, and don't worry, we arrived in plenty of time! For those of you who don't know Brice, let me just tell you he is a Superman FANATIC, and has been since he was a little child. His mom said that she used to have to pin his little red cape on everything he wore. I can just picture this little blonde headed boy (yes, Brice had very blonde hair when he was little) running around with a red cape flapping in the wind...so cute! Anyway, after waiting in line for almost an hour we finally made it inside the theater to sit down. Cody and Mike met us up there to join in the fun so that made time go by a little faster for Brice. It was so funny, there was a guy dressed in a full blown Superman costume, with fake muscles and all, and there was also a guy dressed as Lex Luther with a shaved head and everything. As "Superman" was walking down the stairs this little boy's eyes kept getting bigger and bigger as he got closer. I guess the guy realized that the little boy really thought he was Superman so he went over and shook his hand. It was so cute! The little boy just grinned from ear to ear.

Anyway, the movie was GREAT! It had to be great because it didn't end til almost 1 o'clock and I didn't even fall asleep! There was plenty of romance, so all of you ladies out there will enjoy it too. I'm sure that Brice will write a review...so I won't write much, but I highly recommend it!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I am glad you had fun with your crazy husband and our crazy husband. I am planning on going to the drive in on Friday if you guys want to see it again!

Funny post!

The Daily Planet said...

SUPERMAN RETURNS was better than my High School Prom!

Look for my Review over the weekend.

April Carrasco said...

At least he didn't say better than his wedding! Too funny! Oh Brice, you will always keep me laughing! I am just impressed he didn't wear a costume.

The Daily Planet said...

No time for a costume, but had a T-Shirt with the Sheilded "S" ready and waiting!

Kristin said...

Yeah, I know!! I asked him when he said that if it was like waiting for the wedding too, but luckily he said no. :)

Alyssa said...

I hope that we can see it soon- it sounds great!

melissa deaver said...

I just realized that you had a blog - awesome. And your backyard looks great!

Shanta said...

MY brother is EXACTLY like Brice when it comes to superman. Joe is seriously addicted. I'll have to see how he liked the movie.. thanks for the great review! And Brice- who was your poor prom date?