Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Polka Dots or Farm??

It has been brought to my attention that it has been a while since my last post and that I needed to update my blog. I just don't feel like I have much to blog about. I have been spending most of my summer watching Jarrett (a baby I'm keeping on Tuesdays and Thursdays) or laying out at the pool. I know, I know, such a hard life! :)

The current dilemma in our household is the baby's nursery. We are about 99.9% sure it's a boy (I'll have to post the sonogram picture once Brice gets our scanner hooked back up), but we are waiting to buy anything until our next sonogram on the 5th. In the mean time I have been looking at baby boy bedding, which I would like to point out that the selection is MUCH smaller, or maybe I should say just not as cute as the girl stuff. Anyway, I think we have narrowed it down to either blue and brown polka dots or farm. What do you think??

At first I was pretty set on doing the polka dots, but Brice is REALLY adamant that a child can't learn anything from polka dots and that a farm theme is much more educational!! So, I guess unless I am able to do some really good persuading we will probably go with the farm, but I just wanted to see what every one's opinion out in blogland was first.

13 comments:

April Carrasco said...

You know I think the polka dots look more like you but the farm is more Brice and there is lots of cute accessories for the farm so you can't go wrong with either one once baby Ben is in the room :)!!

melissa deaver said...

I'd have to go with Brice on this one. The polka dots are cute, but the farm theme is super boy cute! :) What company are those from?

Kelli Marchbanks said...

They are both precious! A boy- how fun!

Denae said...

I really like the polka dots, but like I've already told you, I think blue/brown might be a little too popular for boys right now. The farm is really cute and I think it would be different than what anyone else has.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Both are SUPER cute! I am a fan of having a "theme", so my vot is the farm.

The Steffens said...

I like the polka dots a lot! Either one is cute!

Ashley said...

Both are precious! My vote is farm, but the polka dots look more like you!

Alyssa said...

I love them both! What a tough choice! Your baby might like the farm stuff a little better when he is over one and still in the room, though....but the polka dots are SO adorable!

Melody said...

I would definitely go with the polka dots on this one.

Amy said...

Well, I can speak from experience that if you go with the farm everyone will want to buy you everything under the sun that remotely matches the farm theme. This is great, except that it can get a little skewed at times. The polka dots are PRECIOUS and you can still add accessories that are "educational".

Anonymous said...

Don't go with a "theme" - - it gets old after a few months! I love the polka dots! Blue and brown is everywhere right now - you will find so much to go with it! Congrats... Can't believe it's a BOY!!
~Jamie

Kristin said...

Thanks for all the advice!! The only thing we've decided for sure is that Brice ISN'T having the polka dots!! :(

We are going shopping in Dallas in a couple of weeks and hopefully we will be able to agree on something. :)

Anonymous said...

Here's another comment about the bedding.... POTTERY BARN! They're reasonable and they are pretty good quality! Here's a link:
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romnur/index.cfm?page=all
Good Luck! If not, you can always have your bedding made... :-) Aahh... Kids!
~Jamie