Thursday, December 27, 2007

Beyond Measure

The fog has finally cleared to see,
The beautiful life you've given me
To feel the breeze of my newborn's gentle breath
With one to walk hand in hand,
To share this life that you have planned
It's like a storybook with dreams
That are meant to see every next step is an extraordinary scene


I know that I've been,
Given more than beyond measure,
I come alive when,
I see beyond my fears
I know that I've been given more than earthly treasure,
I come alive when I've broken down and given you control


I've faced a great tragedy,
But have seen the works of what you bring
A display of faith that you give,
I don't know if I will ever understand
The depth of what it is you've done inside,
But I know that I will won't find any worth apart from you
Everything that I have
Has been given so unselfishly
And shown that even when I don't deserve
You always show the fullness of your love




These are the lyrics of one of Jeremy Camp's new songs, and they say exactly how I feel this Christmas season. I am just so in awe of God's faithfulness and the blessings that he has poured down upon our family. We truly have been given the best Christmas present ever this year!


7 comments:

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

What a wonderful blessing!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that poem gave me chills. I know how you feel, that sums it all up. Hope you are doing well and love the picture! -Monica

Melody said...

I need some more time with your sweet baby :)

Amy said...

Oh man, I would have freaked out it Santa would've left a cute baby under my tree! Emma Kate's such a sweet blessing. I thank God daily for the gift He's given you. She needs to come hang out at my house soon!

Ashley said...

I need to hold that sweet girl again! I am so glad you guys had a wonderful December!

Shanta said...

Oh Kristin- we are SO incredibly happy for you. I love the pictures of Emma Kate and I'm thrilled for your "easy" labor story. Sign me up for that... Please give our best to Brice and baby girl. We can't wait to meet her. What a happy new year you will be having!

The Stanford Family said...

So cute! I know that you are enjoying your favorite holiday with you new little one. I need to come see her. I can't believe she is almost a month old.