Friday, June 23, 2006

Having a Mary Heart

We recently started a new women's bible study, and we're reading the book Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. God calls us to sit at His feet and learn from Him and worship Him, but so many times we fill our lives with so many things that it seems as if we don't have time to just be still and be in the presence of God. Although we have only met once, I am really excited about the study and all the ladies that are involved! I think it is going to be a great time where we can come together as Christian women and sharpen one another with fruitful conversation. My prayer for the study is that we all walk away changed.

Also, I really feel that God is speaking to me about being obedient and reading His word. For the longest time I would pray for a desire to read the Bible, and a desire to pray. When my quiet times were lacking I would just use the excuse that I just had no desire. Recently God has shown me that it's not an issue of desire, it's an issue of obedience.

Romans 12:11 "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."

1 comments:

Ashley said...

YOU FIXED IT! :)

I too am challenged by this book so much. That is a great verse in Romans and such a true desire. I am thankful for friends like you who challenge me to be obedient.