Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Passat v. Pathfinder

Why is it that once you pay something off you immediately start wanting something new? Brice will die when he sees this post, but I have been thinking a lot about new cars lately. No, I probably won't be getting a new car anytime soon, but it's fun to think about anyway! So here's the question...cute, sporty Volkswagon Passat or practical, roomy, but still cute Nissan Pathfinder? I have driven an SUV for several years so I'm not sure how hard it would be to adjut to a small car, but I just love the new Passats! They get way better gas mileage than SUV's and it would work fine when we have a baby, but once we have more than one (which hopefully won't take too long!) we would probably have to upgrade. And the new Pathfinders are great too, they now come with a third row which would be nice for trips and stuff. I know this isn't deep or profound thinking...just a fun thought for the day, so which one would you choose??

8 comments:

April Carrasco said...

A Passat! I just got $74 worth of gas and that is no fun. A Passat could even work with two kids. They are so cool. I'm glad you found something to do with your hours at home today :).

Ashley Nelson said...

I am with April. One of you needs an SUV and the other needs a car. If you had a need for more space one day, you could take Brice's. In the mean time you could save money on gas!

The Daily Planet said...

RIP

Ashley Nelson said...

Brice is so not cool

Amy B. said...

I love my SUV--I admit it! When I drive a car now I feel like I'm driving a big wheel. HOWEVER, if we already had one SUV to fit baby stuff on trips, I would have gotten a car instead.

Shanta said...

First of all, it's about stinking time. Welcome!

Second- No question, the Pathfinder, of course. I have a few friends with Passats, and they seem incredibly inconvenient to repair. The PF is a much hotter car in my opinion.

Alyssa said...

I would DIE without my SUV... but just put 64.00 dollars of gas in for the second time this week (don't you wish you lived in Dallas??!??!!) if you have a big car, then i would probably go with a little car. Good luck trying to talk Bryce into a new car :)

Kristin said...

Thanks for everyone's advice, but Brice has assured me that it will be a really long time before we get a new car! I guess it was fun while it lasted! :)