Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Update

I have every intention of blogging more, but for some reason I just can’t seem to find the time! I feel like I’m in a hurry from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. Hopefully updates will come a little more frequently once school is out. And in about 5 weeks I will officially be a stay-at-home mommy! I am so excited about that!! I’ve known all along that I would like to stay home, but I didn’t want to make any decisions for sure until we at least tried working/daycare. I think I decided after the first day back at work that I definitely wasn’t working next year! It has been one of the hardest things I have ever done, but I think it will really make me appreciate staying home even more now. Emma Kate has done great at daycare and we really love her teachers, they tell me everyday how much they are going to miss her. It’s kind of funny, I get giddy everyday as I’m pulling into daycare to get her, it’s like I can’t get back to her classroom quick enough!!

In other news, Emma Kate had her 4 month checkup last week and she’s growing like a weed! She now weighs 14 lbs. 4 oz. which puts her in the 50th percentile and she’s 27 inches long which is off the charts!! I couldn’t believe how much she had grown since her last appointment. And of course she had to get those awful shots too. Luckily she did really well with them this time, other than running a little fever they didn’t seem to bother her at all.

Here’s the link for some family pictures and Emma Kate’s 4 month pictures we had taken a few weeks ago. I can’t believe it’s almost time to take 5 month pictures!!


And if you don't want to go through all the pictures, here are a few of our favorites.



7 comments:

Shaunna said...

Precious! So glad you get to stay home next year- I know you will enjoy it so much!

lubke-moss said...

SUPER cute! What a good looking family. Again, I must say that Denae is very talented. What great pics!

Amy said...

She is the sweetest little doll! I'm so glad you get to stay home with her.

April Carrasco said...

I can't believe she is big enough to wear that dress. I love, love, lvoe the fam pictures! I need me an EK picture :)!!

Ashley said...

I am so glad you have decided to stay at home. What a gift! You will love it. The pictures are adorable and EK is getting so big! I wish I could meet her. Where is the link to the other pictures?

Ashley said...

I love the one of Emma Kate standing and you holding her hands.

I need one as well!

Kelli Marchbanks said...

Beautiful pics! And so glad you get to stay home!