Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pictures...as promised!

Ok, here goes...like I said I hadn't downloaded pictures in a really long time so here are a ton of random pictures from the last month and a half!

My mom turned 50 on April 9th and we surprised her with a party! Emma Kate stole the show. Here she is with her Aunt Maddie.


The party just pooped her out!

Aunt Teppy came for the party too! :)

The day EK got her 4 month shots I took the day off just to hang out. Here we are taking a few pictures before heading to the dr's. I couldn't believe how good she was doing on her tummy! She usually hates being on her tummy, but this day she loved it!

After her shots she was running a little bit of fever so we put a wet wash cloth on her head...doesn't she look adorable??

Emma Kate's good friend Kyler turned 1...here she is getting ready for the big party!

And here she is with all her friends! (Kyler, Katie Lynn, and Colin)

Like I said earlier, I think she likes sleeping without the swaddle!

Just a cute picture after her bath one night!

Here's how we had a sneaking suspicion she might be ready for solid foods....she couldn't stop staring at Brice's food one night while we were eating!

So for her 5 month birthday she got rice cereal!



She LOVED it, but eating from a spoon is hard work! She has since tried oatmeal cereal too...I think she likes rice cereal better though. Once school is out we are going to start her on fruits and vegetables. I am planning on making her food...we'll see how that goes! :)

Emma Kate's 5 Month pictues, once again, Denae did a great job!


Will even joined in on the photoshoot! I think Emma Kate was saying "Hey, don't you think you get your picture taken enough!" :)


My 1st Mother's Day was such a special day. The past several Mother's Days have been kind of emotional for me, I longed to be a mother so badly and at times it seemed like I might never be blessed with that opportunity. I feel so lucky to finally be a mommy, but even more than that to be Emma Kate's mommy! Brice did such a good job of making me feel special that day (and everyday!). He and Emma Kate gave me a new pearl ring and earrings along with 2 books and a DVD!

Here we are on Mother's Day with my mom, Aunt Maddie, Aunt Teppy and my grandmother Nette!

My Granddad even came to help us all celebrate. Emma Kate loves to hear him "quack"!!

5 comments:

melissa deaver said...

She is such a cutie-pie!

Ashley said...

she is soooo cute! Thanks for all the pictures!!! :)

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! Holding her during class was such a treat. She's so sweet and beautiful! I could look at those eyes and pinch that chub all day!

Heather said...

She's adorable. Isn't it great...all the firsts. I love it too!

lubke-moss said...

Yea for updates! :) She's a growin'. What great memories you are making. I'm so glad you got to celebrate your first Mother's Day. I know it must have been very special for you. :)