Tuesday, November 04, 2008

11 Months

Wow, I really can't believe my little baby is already only a month away from not being a baby anymore! This year has definitely been the fastest and most amazing year of my life. Although Emma Kate has managed to work up quite the attitude and has definitely developed a mind of her own, each day of watching her grow is pure joy! 


I haven't done an update on what she's into, I mean, what she's up to :) lately so here goes:

-She loves to stand at the back door and say "Da, Da, Da, Da". In fact everything right now is "D, D, D, D, D". There for a while it she was figuring out a new sound each week, but I think she's stuck on "D" right now! 

-She is SO close to walking...I'm pretty sure our lives are about to be turned upside down too because she loves to explore! She will walk all over the house on her little walker, she cruises along the couch and chair, and will even stand on her own for a few seconds at a time - once she realizes she's doing it on her own she usually sits right down though. 

-She is starting to eat more and more table foods. She usually does really good the first time she tries it, but then after the second or third time she's ready to try something else. She's loves sliced turkey, potatoes and cheerios, and somedays she will eat cheese, ritz crackers, and teddy grahams. And she will basically eat anything off of our plates!

-She is fascinated with doors and drawers of any kind. She will sit there and open and close a door for hours! And she's particularly fond of cabinet doors because they are just her size. And yes, we have had many smashed fingers in our house lately, but that doesn't seem to stop her!

-She still loves being outside, and since the weather has been so nice recently we have been taking advantage of it. Anytime she gets fussy we just head out to her swing on the back porch or load up in her new BOB stoller (which by the way, is AMAZING!!!) and head out for a walk/jog. 

-She recently decided she's a big girl, and that big girls only need one nap a day. For the longest time the girl loved to sleep and would usually take at least 2 good naps a day. Not now. For the last week we have wrestled with her every morning to take a nap...she won, we don't even attempt it now. :)

-She has graduated to 4's diapers, and that's the cutest saggy bottom I've ever seen walking around!

Ok, that's all I can think of right now. I promise the completion of our trip to Boston is coming!! I have been sick since last Thursday, and now EK seems to have come down with it. Hopefully once I'm not napping when she does I will have more time to  blog! :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I can't believe EK is about to be a year old!! How in the world did that happen? She's precious! Everyone here has a BOB and they seem awesome. I'd get one, but apparently if you have on here you also have to drive either a Subaru or Volvo wagon. I just can't do that!

Ashley said...

I cannot believe she's almost one! I can't believe I haven't met her yet. :( She is so cute!

Kristi said...

It seems the first birthday comes and goes so fast! Logan did the opening the doors thing too and I was so excited he was just playing with the doors and not getting into the stuff. Not anymore:)

April Carrasco said...

Hopefully Abuelos didn't give you food poisoning :)!!! I hope y'all are both feeling better.