Friday, July 10, 2009

We're still here! :)

Adjusting to life with 2 kids has been a little harder than I had first thought it was going to be - hence the lack of blogging. We were a little naive in thinking it was going to be smooth sailing like the first 2 weeks, but boy were we wrong! Poor little Easton has some major tummy issues and is just really uncomfortable. We went to see Dr. Gray yesterday and he diagnosed him with acid reflux and put him on Zantac, and also gave us some other suggestions to help with his tummy so hopefully we are on the road to relief. He hasn't gone to the bathroom on his own in over 3 weeks. Also I think he might be a little colicky. He cries just about every night from 5:30 until he goes to bed at about 9:30. It's just so hard to see your baby in so much pain and not be able to do anything about it! But even though it's been hard I wouldn't trade it for anything - we have fallen so in love with our little guy and can't imagine life without him!!

Over the last few weeks I have also realized how blessed we are to have such wonderful families. My mom has been a life-saver for me!! She comes over almost everyday to see us and keep us company. We haven't been able to get out much since Easton has been so fussy, so Emma Kate is always so thrilled to see someone other than mommy all day long (and so am I)!! And speaking of Emma Kate - she is just too funny these days. She has figured out how to open and close the doors at our house and she thinks that is just the neatest thing. The only downside is that her internal alarm clock is now set to about 6 or 6:30 and instead of just staying in her room to play, she gets out of her room, goes to Brice's side of the bed, gets right in his face and just starts laughing! I have to say though, I would much rather wake up to a giggling 19 month old than the alarm clock! :)

I guess that's enough rambling for now - here are a ton of pictures from the last several weeks:

Checking on "brudder"....such a good big sister! (he looks SO small in this picture!! keep scrolling and I'm sure you will agree too. he was 3 weeks here.)

Sweet baby! (4 weeks)

His favorite way to sleep! I know they really aren't supposed to sleep on their tummies, but he loves it and I feel a little more comfortable letting him since we have the Angelcare monitor.

For the 4th we decided we needed a change of scenery, so we headed north to Lazbuddie to spend the weekend with Brice's parents. We were also able to introduce Easton to all of his great-grandparents, but I was a bad mom and didn't take any pictures!!

I made my traditional Flag cake, but this year it's even more impressive since it was done with one hand (and a little help from Brice)! :)

Looking for rabbits with Chebe

Getting ready to go to the parade in Muleshoe

Family Pic

Waiting for the parade to start

She wasn't sure what to think....

It was a little loud


Sunday Jenny stopped by before heading back to San Angelo. She did a little shopping and Emma Kate thought she needed to try on some of her new purchases!!

Our little chunky monkey!! At the dr's office yesterday he weighed in at 11 lbs!! (5 weeks) He's sporting his "I'm the Baby Brother" shirt...thanks Aunt Sharon! 

Playing outside with Dad

Giving Sydney kisses!

I just love those 2!!

Since it was SO hot yesterday we decided to head over to my mom's friend's house to go swimming in a "big" pool! Round 2 in the big pool was much better than round 1 back in May!

Getting ready to get in!

Is she cute or what?!

She loves her LaLa!!

So fun!

I think Easton enjoyed the pool too! 

8 comments:

Shaunna said...

Addi had tummy problems AND colic at around that age too. Soo not fun! I know how exhausting it can be- Hope little Easton feels better soon!

Easton is such a handsome boy, and Emma Kate is growing up so fast! I love her 4th of July dress- Precious!!

Thanks for the updates:]

Laura said...

it's good to know that you are surviving. :) by the way, you look GREAT!

his is getting big!...and way cute! glad you updated.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I hope Easton's tummy trouble gets better! He sure is adorable, though! And of course, EK is cute as can be.

Jennifer K said...

Oh, girl. I remember the same tummy issues that we had to solve "naturally". Not fun. I must say you are doing a great job at mothering two little ones! And you always look like a million bucks! Enjoy your summer!

Miss Bliss said...

Hey Kristin! Easton is just too cute! And so is EK. I am glad to see that I am not the only mom that makes her daughter wear HUGE bows!! I miss you guys. I wish we lived closer.

Kelli Marchbanks said...

Hang in there! And give your hairdryer a try. My kids LOVED the sound of the hairdryer and STILL sleep so peacefully to its sound (white noise on sound machine). It was a lifesaver!

The are both such cuties!

lubke-moss said...

Sorry to hear of Easton's tummy woes, but it looks like you are doing a great job with him. He's a beautiful little boy!
I'll keep you in my prayers.

P.S. All the pictures are GREAT. I love the one of EK in her water wings, and the one of her and Brice sitting by the fence. :)

Heather said...

Hope things are getting better! You have a beautiful family!