Tuesday, January 29, 2008

8 Weeks!

Wow, I know I keep saying this, but time is just flying by. I can't believe that Emma Kate has been a part of our lives for 8 weeks already! Thanks for all the advice and well wishes for EK's acid reflux. She is still spitting up quite frequently, but she doesn't seem to be in as much pain. And she's back to her sleepy self...I'm telling you she definitely takes after her mom and loves her sleep! I think she would sleep all day if I would let her. (I better go knock on some wood!)

Today also marks the halfway point of my 16 week maternity leave. I have been so fortunate to be able to take off for so long. Although it is costing us a pretty penny (I think it's like $150 a day!) I wouldn't trade this time for anything. We are really getting into a good routine now and things seem somewhat predictable, which for the planner in me this has been really nice. Last Friday Emma Kate had her first play date with her friend Katie Lynn, I think she had a fun time, and I had fun visiting with Monica! We have also been hanging out with Denae and Will alot the last couple of weeks. I just feel so blessed to have this time at home with my sweet baby girl!!

Here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks:


7 weeks old


Playing with Katie Lynn

Saturday afternoon EK and I went to a baby shower...she was such a hit in her leopard outfit!

Saturday evening Brice and I went to the UMC Gala. A good time was had by all...except for my feet maybe!

8 weeks old, hanging out on Mommy's bed

"Oh it makes me so tired!"

"Finally Mommy lets me sleep!"

9 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE your hair dark! I love it! You look great! And EK is getting so big, I can't believe it. I wish I was there to hang out with you! :( I miss you!

April Carrasco said...

I can't believe she is already wearing that leopard outfit. I remember when it seemed so big! What a big, sweet girl.

The Stanford Family said...

I love the new pictures! I hate that I missed you today. I forgot that we had our weekly meeting today. You look like you are having so much fun! Enjoy every MINUTE!!!

Amy said...

I think I need some EK time!

Kelli Marchbanks said...

She is just too precious for words!

The Stanford Family said...

O.K. You are going to have to explain to me how to get the cute backgrounds again! I love this one!

Ashley said...

Well, I love your new page! My sister, Emily was over here last night and I got on your blog to show her the pictures of EK and it wouldn't pull up. Like, it was just a white page with some 0's and 1's on the left side. It was wierd. I tried calling your cell to let you know it was messed up but it was turned off. So I guess you must've been working on your page. Anyway, I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hi,just browsing through blogs and saw yours. I had to comment on the leopard print outfit. SO CUTE! Where ever did you get it?

Denae said...

I love these pictures of Emma Kate! I never see her without a bow...she looks so cute. And big.

Ashley - She didn't know that she had screwed up her blog, but luckily, I pulled it up while she was at my house and saw that something had gone terribly wrong. I fixed it for her and then added us to her links (yay!). I don't know about you, but I was feeling left out. :)