Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter

We had such a great Easter Sunday just hanging out with family. It was a great day of reflecting on the fact that our Savior is alive and what amazing gift we have in salvation. Our pastor Dusty preached "The Worst and Best Easter Message Ever". If you have a minute definitely check it out


We were a little tired after just getting back from vacation, but that didn't stop Emma Kate from thoroughly enjoying her first Easter egg hunt! We went out to my parent's house after church and she spotted the eggs in the backyard as soon as we got there. My dad made the mistake of taking her out there just to look around before we ate lunch...needless to say she didn't eat much lunch that day! She was way too worried about going back outside to get more eggs! And we started a new tradition this year (I hope it's a new tradition at least!! :)) My dad hid money eggs for the "grown ups" and I got $50!! My poor sister who is a college student only got $9...she has some really embarrassing pictures on facebook, I'm just grateful that none were taken with my camera! Let's just say I was a little excited about finding so much money!!
IMG_4903
IMG_4904
IMG_4906
Already reaching for the door!
IMG_4910
IMG_4911
She loves her Aunt Maddie!!
IMG_4914
Checking out her loot!
IMG_4920
And of course she's more interested in the bag than anything else!
IMG_4921
Aunt Maddie got her some new reef flip flops, she didn't know what to think at first...
IMG_4922
Then she started dancing around!
IMG_4948
IMG_4950
IMG_4929
IMG_4928
IMG_4932
She didn't know what to think about us running around crazy!
IMG_4979

3 comments:

Shaunna said...

Love Emma Kate's new Reefs and love the adult egg hunt...Too fun!!

lubke-moss said...

What a gorgeous Easter dress Emma Kate had!
We usually spend Easter with our music minister, and her family does an adult egg hunt, too! It is a blast.
It looks like you guys had an awesome time on vacation. I can imagine how fun it was to see everything through the eyes of a child. AND you guys are SMART going together. I love the trade off idea. Both of you can get some adult fun time in. Awesome idea!
BTW: Your maternity pics are beautiful. :)

Amy said...

I wish I was there to see EK get bigger. She's SO precious!